- Breeders enter a minimum of 3 dogs to a maximum of 5 dogs – making up each Breeder’s Team of the same breed.
- The breeder must be the “breeder of record” on all dogs entered in the Team. (Co-breeders are permissible.)
- Canadian Kennel Club as well as foreign registered dogs are eligible.
- Spayed or neutered dogs are eligible.
- Exhibits must be over 6 months of age.
- Entry fee is $30 per Team
- Exhibits do not have to be entered in the regular Caledon Kennel Association shows.
- Dogs can only be entered in one Team.
- The Royal Canin National Breeders’ Classic will start midday on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
- Teams will be divided into two units* (Group A and Group B) by a draw Friday morning. Just prior to the start of judging, the judge for each unit will be drawn.
- Each unit will be judged by one of the Royal Canin’s selected judges.
- Four Finalists will be selected from each unit to advance to the Finals to compete for Best in Classic and Reserve Best in Classic Awards.
- Judges will judge the Teams as a unit to evaluate the overall quality of the breeding program as represented by the Team – its consistency of breed type and soundness.
*NOTE: If the entry exceeds 60 Teams, the entry will be divided into 3 units, with 4 finalists chosen from each unit.
Scheduling and Ring Procedure
Judging for the Classic will be scheduled so entered Breeders’ Teams will not be judged at the all-breed show during the Breeders’ Classic. Please ensure that you have sufficient handlers to show your team. We will bring the dogs in each unit into the ring in breed size order.